Staging Your Home Interior For Sale
The process of staging a home for sale has become an essential part of the sales process. It is necessary to showcase the most attractive aspects of your home in order to create interest and offers. There are a few things that are a good idea to see to in any home that will help to improve the impression that the home makes on viewers.
1. An unorganized home will never show as well as a home that is uncluttered and clean. Ensure that the tops of tables are clean and clear with an accenting piece to draw the viewers focus. You would be surprised at how thoroughly your home will be scrutinized by prospective buyers and their Realtors.
2. Rooms appear more spacious with less furniture. Maximizing the available space is a good practice as it allows the viewer to picture the room with their own belongings in place of yours.
3. Countertops are an area where many of the items that we use daily can accumulate. Both kitchen and bathroom counters should be cleaned of personal possessions and utensils. Also take down any papers and magnets from the fridge. These are personal items that have great meaning to you, but not the buyer.
4. Check behind the art and paintings that are on your walls and refinish any areas that need paint or repair. Always check in the places that you least expect for necessary repairs, the people viewing your house certainly will.
5. Organize the closets and drawers. Do you have that one closet in your home that is overfilled with years of your families collectibles and belongings? This is a good chance to remove some of these things and get an early start on packing. Home viewers will undoubtedly open all closets to see what kind of space is available. It would not be good if they were buried in an avalanche of curios and clothing.
6. Go through your home and add visual accents such as plants. However make sure that existing plants are not too big for the space they are in. If so, trim them back.
7. Do you have carpets in your home? If so, have them professionally cleaned or shampoo them yourself. Either way it will increase the attractiveness of the room that the carpets are in. Hardwood or laminate floors can be polished with an appropriate cleaner and also try to remove and spots or areas of discolor.
Never forget that your home has to leave a lasting impression on viewers. Not only do you want them to love the way your home is presented, but they must remember your home and how they think their belongings will look in it. Try to put yourself in their place. Think about what is most memorable about your home, then ensure that the most memorable thing about your home is positive. The more of these things that you see to, the better the chance is that your home will sell quickly and for a great profit.